Sunday, November 23, 2008

Industrial-Agricultural McKinney





Just to the east side of downtown McKinney (east of McDonald Street) is the older industrial/agricultural area of the city, much different than the expensive subdivisions of the west side. I went out just before dawn this cloudy morning to shoot some pictures. The middle picture is from the loading dock of a vacant building, and the bottom photo is from an old Flour Mill. All three were processed with infrared effect in Photoshop, which is a fairly expensive form of film if you were to try to shoot through a conventional SLR. Infrared gives a ghostliness to images. I think some subjects look best in B & W, or infrared. Some may not think the use of computerized effects are "authentic", but I think one should use whatever techniques helps them reach the desired goal of the photo...but I also use to have a film SLR and have both done my own film developing and enlarging of B & W prints......

No comments: